Saturday, May 2, 2009

EV's in Macungie Tomorrow!


Oh my gosh. It's really happening! The concept of an EV display in the Lehigh Valley was hatched up by Don and Bob Young and Anna DiGate back at the Energy Fest last September. The three of them started planning in December for a May 3 date and, after many more meetings and fruitful connections and hard work -- there will be cars, folks, food and music at Macungie Memorial Park from 10 - 4 this Sunday!

I'm busy printing out the last of the placards for display on the vehicles (my favorite: the unbelievably sweet 2001 Honda Insight that's been converted to 100% battery electric!). I'll bring my camera and document the event -- plus I also owe a blog entry on the e-van's journey to Villanova University last weekend! It's been a busy spring for EV enthusiasts in eastern PA and New Jersey, so expect a spurt of updates in the coming week.

No comments: