Things never seem to slow down around here whew!
Yesterday I learned that Bucks County Renewables has been awarded $3,000 by the Pennsylvania DEP's Environmental Education Grants Program to offer our first ever waste-veggie oil conversion workshop next spring. BCR is one of 102 non-profits, schools, universities and conservation districts across the state to receive funding for environmental education programming and you can read all about those awards here in the official press release.
I am psyched for this workshop. We are hoping to convert a truck to tow our EV's to displays out of range and stop burning fossil fuel in order to promote the advantages of electric! While EV's are of course best suited for local, daily use, if you're an advocate/activist you often find yourself traveling to share the word at shows like our EV-ent tomorrow. I so appreciate the owners who will be hooking up/towing in their vehicles Saturday morning to Macungie Memorial Park. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful May day and we are going to have a super-fun time!
EV's on display all day long, with owner/drivers standing by to chat with visitors, plus the following:
- last year's very popular do-it-yourself open-source 1000-amp controller will return, accompanied by a DIY charger for EV's
- two local EV conversion shops: NJEVConversions and BH Electrics
- free CFL's from ECOS Consulting
- bake sale
- Boy Scout Troop #31 from Old Zionsville PA demonstrating original solar cooker design
- solar-cooked hot dogs for sale, plus other foods from the park concession
1:00 pm State Representative Doug Reichley to cut ribbon on first park plug-in station in Eastern PA
2:00 pm Owner Panel
3:00 Drawing for "EV Gong" from Bertoia Studios
3:15 Quiet EV Parade
Sure hope you'll join us!
visit the website for directions or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions